Friday, September 14, 2012

I have a lot of work to do, and a week to do it...

Oregon Flock and Fiber starts a week from today. I always do this (procrastinate), but this time I have an excuse! My contract work has been pretty flat this summer, like really dead, so when I was suddenly inundated with work, I rejoiced! However, I also had this looming deadline, and decreasing time to get it done in. Last night at 10:30pm,  I sent the draft of the last critical plan off to be perused, and went to bed, thinking about how I was to set up the dye kitchen, and where I would start.

I did eventually get to sleep... to be awakened at 6 am by a cat, and noise from the poultry (but that's another story on the other blog...).

So, this morning, I gathered up all the yarn and fiber that I need to dye. OH MY! Some of the fiber is already wound into 4 oz. balls, and some of the yarn has already been re-skeined into 4+/- oz. skeins. The rest needs to be divided. Guess I know what I'm doing today!!

I get my yarn from Henry's Attic - I've had an account with them since the 90's. They sell mostly undyed yarn and fiber, with a few natural colors thrown in (alpaca or cotton, mostly). They have really nice linen, which comes in bleached, unbleached with 2 weights also in black. It's a really good thing that I, a) am not made of money, and b) don't have a lot of storage space, because I love everything they have.

Most of the fiber is wool - superfine merino, merino/bamboo/tussah blend, a gray BFL/tussah, some corriedale top, USA-made medium wool top (big bump), but I also have some really nice silk top.

So here's the before picture:

Stay tuned for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment