Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Evening's project

I've been knitting on a small shawl, and needed to find an edging (since I'm just about at the point where I need to put one on). I looked through all my lace books, and found one I liked in "Knitted Lace of Estonia," by Nancy Bush. However, this is a triangular shawl, and the lace edging is straight.

What to do?

Break out Excel on the computer and figure it out. Here's the graph on the computer, showing the newly installed mitered corner:
Thank goodness for a 23" monitor!!
And here's the graph in the book it was taken from:
I don't know why they jogged the pattern repeat - it actually is straight up and down...

The edging will be knit separate from the shawl and grafted on, so I still have to do some significant math to make them come out right stitch-wise. However, I think it will be really nice when it's done. The colors in the yarn are not what I normally would wear, but I found a dress that's the same bright corally-pink as in the yarn, and it actually looks good on me! My nephew's wedding is in a month, so other than shoes (goodwill here I come), I'm set.

So, now, let the test knitting begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment