Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Finished Object!!

I've been knitting. In the last post, I showed the Maia shawlette, which I finished in a week (staying up way to late...). After I finished it, I cast on the Bitterroot  shawlette (also by Romi Hill), and just finished it today. It's on my skirting table drying (I'm hoping that the predicted T-storms hold off for awhile...).
 
This one was knitted without beads, mainly because I didn't want to drive to the bead store (it's 40 miles away). I like it - though I like the shaping of Maia better. This color way is Berry Cobbler.

Some of the impetus to knit is to have some demonstrable use of the yarn that I sell. I've had great success with the Merino/Bamboo blend, but less with the fingering weight and sport weight superwash merino. Both of these shawlettes will be demos (not for sale because of respect for copyright).

I'm thinking that I'll use the dress form as a model at Oregon Flock and Fiber in September - I can pin the shawls to her (Lola is her name) so people can see the drape, etc.

I also have a pair of socks in the sport weight that are all done but the left toe, but these are going to my new step-mom, Wilma. She and my dad are going on a cruise to Alaska, and she will be very happy to have them along! Since they will have been delivered, I'll have to knit another pair for me, that I can use as a demo... Oh darn, hand knit socks...

No comments:

Post a Comment