Sunday, August 19, 2012

There will be no completion before the wedding...

After I broke a warp thread adjusting the lease sticks (I haven't used them for years, and now I know why!!), and then broke the cords holding the rod to the warp beam, I gave up. Add to those things, the warp is a snarled mess, and there's 9 yards of it. I will fix my loom after I get home, and try again.

I may not use the valet, though I like the concept, I'm wondering if it just won't work for my 8/2 cotton - it's too fragile. With linen or wool, I'll give it a try.

Having made that decision has been enormously freeing - I was a basket case yesterday (mini-meltdowns all day long), because I had FAILED... Interesting that Laura's blog yesterday covered just this topic.

So. Deeply breathing (and trying not to cough in the smokey air), I'm getting other things done, and I'll be ready to leave on Thursday morning.

It's not the end of the world, it's an opportunity to try something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment