Friday, December 9, 2011

I'm back, really

The trip to San Diego is chronicled here - and I forgot to take a picture of the finished towels. They got a lot of use after Thanksgiving dinner, I can tell you!!  Both Dad and Wilma loved them.

I finally thought of having my dad send me a picture (sometimes I'm a little slow...), so here they are:



The moire look is just an illusion, probably caused by some of the tracking (which I really like...). My sis, Mary, hemmed them for me before we left Reno.

I have Christmas present orders from all the immediate family...

Meanwhile, I've been farmsitting, and weaving scarves for a local Holiday Market on Saturday. Since I'm not at "home," I'm using the Dorset loom.  We're struggling to forge a working relationship... However, I've woven 5 scarves, which are now in the dryer.  When they're done, I'll press them, twist the fringe, and take pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment